The redevelopment of the former Harbour Master’s site in Poole Quay –
a visitor attraction to the south of the town centre, lined with a mixture of traditional public houses, new bars, redeveloped warehouses, modern apartment blocks and historic listed buildings.
The brief was to create a mixed use development, including:
- 20 luxury apartments
- A3 designated commercial use on the ground floor
- Internal courtyard garden space
- Undercroft parking for 20 cars
Due to the constraints of the relatively small site – with a road on two sides and properties on the other two sides – the building itself formed the development boundaries. This meant undercroft parking was required within the curtilage at ground level, and an internal courtyard garden was needed for the apartments, linked with split level walkways and terraces.
What we did
The services we provided included:
- Preparation, design, submission and negotiation of planning applications
- Preparation of full working drawings and co-ordination of 3rd party information
- As lead consultant attended team, planning and site meetings
- Co-ordination with local authority building control and the NHBC