A former industrial site with an ideal waterfront location just off Lymington Marina. This was a large and complex site with a number of challenges, including a single point of access located between the sweeping bend of the tidal Lymington River and the railway.
Our brief was to creatively and sympathetically develop the planning approval, which needed to include:
- 156 dwellings consisting of apartments and both terraced and duplex houses
- 12 detached houses with river views
- A boat club, pontoon, art gallery and small retail and commercial units
- A destination restaurant
- 2-storey semi-basement parking for 200 cars
- A publicly accessible riverwalk complete with play spaces
What we did
We provided the following services:
- Preparation, design, submission and negotiation of planning applications
- Preparation of full working drawings and co-ordination of 3rd party information
- As principle consultant attended team, planning and site meetings
- Coordination with local authority building control and the NHBC
The development was split into 4 distinct areas, with 3 apartment blocks and 12 detached houses adjacent to the river.
The design created a new green wall of vegetation to screen the car parking and terrace when viewed from the nearby station.